What kind of chickens is RoliRoti using?
- Free range chickens from Fulton valley farm in Sonoma County, California
- Fresh, locally raised in Northern California, air chilled, never frozen
- No hormone, no antibiotics, no animal bi-products
- Vegetarian diet
What does “free range” mean?
- Not raised in the narrow cage
- Size can be smaller or bigger because they are free to roam
What is the Roli Roti ‘Secret Spice’ on the Chickens?
- Secret family recipe of Odermatt’s family
- Rosemary, thyme, dill, oregano, little bit of salt & pepper
- No oil, no dairy, no flour, no nuts. Gluten free
- No salt injection, no brine
- Spiced 24 hours prior to grill so that the flavor develops
Why are RoliRoti chickens so good?
- Because of Rotisserie cooking technique (slow, constant roasting, no excess fat)
- Because we cook only fresh, non-frozen, air-chilled chickens
- Because you can see us cooking and serving it right off the spit sizzling hot!
- Our spice is very balanced and flavorful
- Because of the quality free range chickens we use
- No salt injected to make it look bigger, no hormone, no antibiotics, and no animal bi-products. Just fresh, locally farmed, healthy goodness.
How long does it take to cook chickens?
- 90 minutes depending on the size of the chickens
How do I reheat the chicken at home?
- Take the chicken from the refrigerator about 1 hour before reheating
- Take the chicken out of the Roli Roti travel bag and place it on a baking sheet/pan
- Squeeze the lime over the chicken
- Place in a 300 – 350F oven, reheat for 15 to 20 minutes, uncovered
What is the lime for?
- Give additional flavor to the chicken
- The acidity of limes makes the skin of the chicken crispy again when put in the oven to reheat
How many people does one chicken serve?
- One quarter chicken per adult, and a eighth piece per child